Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Aziz

Does anyone watch Comedy Central anymore? Not that anyone (at least anyone I know) watched it anyway sans a 2 year stretch when Chapelle's Show was big or the ocassional Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert viewing. Heck with over 700 channels on Direct TV I couldn't even tell you within 30 channels where it is located. I mention this because I finally think the network is figuring out how to program primetime viewing. It seems this year CC has started giving up and coming comedians who have an established fan base (or at least some sort of media recognition) 1 hour specials. I happened to stumble upon Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening, an hour long stand up set from Aziz Ansari, star of Parks and Rec and various other films including Observe and Report and Funny People. While the set was uneven and the RAAAAAAAANDY bit was horrible I found myself laughing throughout so I guess I enjoyed it. A clip from the set is included below:



I hope Comedy Central continues to push the next generation of comedic stars in place of reruns of Larry the Cable Guy and Dane Cook comedy specials. Artie Lange's Jack and Coke premiered last week and Charlie Murphy supposedly debuts in February, that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment